Khed City, one of India’s emerging Industrial cities, is located in the picturesque landscapes of Pune. It has reportedly seen rise in the number of foreign investments within a short span of time. So what makes Khed city one of the most sought after destinations for International brands? Here are 8 possible reasons foreign companies find it profitable to invest in Khed City.
- Proximity to major industrial areas and cities – Khed City is strategically located. It is surrounded by flourishing domestic and Industrial areas such as Chakan, Rajgurunagar, Pimpri Chinchwad etc. Being a part of the industrial land in Pune, it enjoys proximity to the biggest city and financial capital of India, Mumbai. It is dotted on its periphery by International manufacturing giants such as the Volkswagen Group, Daimler-Benz, Jaguar Land Rover and their likes.
- Ease of setting up business – Khed City has a large Domestic Tariff Area for companies catering to the Indian market and a Sector Specific SEZ, such as Engineering & Electronics. It has several government benefits such as Tax waivers and exemptions along with simplified paperwork. It has a State of the art infrastructure and excellent logistic connectivity. You can benefit from the stable power supply with in house power stations. Basic facilities such as Water supply, Fire Stations, Ambulance, 24×7 securities, are already in place. Also, future provision for Hospitals, Restaurants and other support facilities makes Khed city a self- sustaining metropolis.
- Connectivity to Air, Water, Rail and Roadways – Khed city, an industrial zone in Maharashtra, is accessible via all four modes of transport. Located 30 miles from the Pune Railway station and the Pune International Airport. The Mumbai Airport is a 4 hour drive. There are two ports, the JNPT at 90 miles and the Mumbai Port at a 104 miles. This ensures ease of transportation for the clients. Pune Metro, a mass rapid transit system for intra city travel, is under construction and is expected to be operational by 2021.
- Favorable climate – Pune was once considered a hill station city, which explains the beautiful weather despite the rapid development. The climate in Pune is a hot semi-arid climate bordering with tropical wet and dry with average temperatures ranging between 20 and 28 °C (68 and 82 °F). This basically means Pune has a very moderate climate suitable for expats.
- A Blend of Modern and Traditional values – Pune is the unofficial cultural capital of the state. It prides itself by upholding the values and traditions which are influenced by the rich historical Maratha heritage. It also has a military cantonment which was established by the British to accommodate their troops. This has led to a beautiful amalgamation of multi-culturalism which reflects in the lifestyle of this city. Add to this the illustrious list of educational institutes and job opportunities here, leading to the migration of people from all corners of the country. This makes Pune a truly cosmopolitan and modern city with high literacy rates and easy availability of skilled manpower.
- A Global City – Pune has a substantial percentage of International crowd owing to the influx of foreign students and working professionals. Hence, to satisfy the taste buds of these expats, you’ll easily find restaurants and Bars serving cuisines ranging from authentic Japanese sushi and Lebanese Shawarma to Mexican Burritos and French patisserie. Alcohol is readily available with Vineyards located to the north of Khed City. Pune has a list of Global Hospitality brands such as Conrad from Hilton, Crowne Plaza, The Marriot Suites, and Ritz Carlton to name a few. All these factors contribute to the comfortable stay of foreigners.
- A Trusted Name: Khed city is an initiative of the illustrious, Kalyani group, in association with MIDC. Kalyani group is amongst the most trusted and well-known name in India and abroad. Owing to this, many National and International brands have either already invested in or are keen to establish their presence here. The international companies part of Khed city include Mars Chocolates(USA), Hyosung (S Korea), Autogen (S. Korea) , JSW –Marubeni Itochu (Japan), Maxion Wheels (Brazil), Lenze (Germany), Linhoff (Germany), Gedia (Germany), HengTong Group (China), Hira Industries (UAE), Maico (UAE), ADR Axles (Italy), Pelle & Carta (Italy) to name a few.
- Not just a city, but a civilization – To put it in the words of the founders, The Kalyani Group has envisioned Khed City to become the best industrial zone in Maharashtra. The framework has been meticulously designed by leveraging extensive learning and research from across the world. Khed City is built on the principles of an ecosystem and will provide the perfect environment to grow and nurture world-class manufacturing units through its infrastructure, talent pool and quality of life. Investing in Khed city, undoubtedly, opens the door to a whole new world of opportunities to tap the ever growing Indian market.