Industrial Hotspot: Pune
In the last two decades or so, Pune has seen a virtual transformation. Evolving from a charming laid-back town that offered stressed Mumbaikars a pleasant weekend getaway to a mini metro bustling with industrial activity. Pune’s industrial area has seen a major wave of change.
From once a Pensioners Paradise to a manufacturing hub, automobile manufacturers and supplementary companies have today invested heavily to set up state-of-the-art production facilities in Pune. On the industrial front, the progress first began with the introduction of Kirloskar Oil Engines, Bharat Forge, Tata Motors, Mahindra and Bajaj Auto in the 1950s to 1970s. The Swedish conglomerate Sandvik, Atlas Copco, Alfa Laval, SKF Bearings followed suit. Finolex Cables, Forbes Marshall, the now-defunct Garware Nylons and Bajaj Tempo (now Force Motors), amongst others, accelerated the industrial growth of Pune.
In recent years, Mercedes-Benz, JCB, Volkswagen, General Electric’s (GE) Multi-modal Manufacturing Facility and the Automotive Research Institute of India have added a feather to Pune’s cap.
About Khed City:
Pune is expected to grow from its current 60 lakh population to about 90 lakhs in a span of 15 years as per the recent study. There is very little scope for expansion in the city limits. We need to envision a sustainable future for our generations to thrive with dignity and environmental sustenance.
Khed City, one such realistic dream project, is an ambitious joint venture between Kalyani Group and MIDC. The JV partners envisage to create a smart sustainable city with industry as its lifeline. Spread across 4,200 acres of land with best-in-class infrastructure, Khed City is located on SH 54, which connects the Pune-Nashik NH 60 and Pune-Ahmednagar SH-27.
Khed City project will be reinforced by support services, educational, recreational and other social infrastructure activities thoughtfully synthesizing human needs, environmental sustenance, and economic viability.
Khed City is located 50 km North of Pune City. It falls under the influence zone of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) that ensures seamless connectivity. Khed City is located within 40 to 50 minutesâ€™ drive of large industrial clusters like Pimpri-Chinchwad, Bhosari, Chakan, Talegaon, Ranjangaon, etc.
Advantage Khed City:
– Attractive Package of Incentives for units in SEZ by Government of India.
– ‘C’ Zone Benefits for units in DTA – by Govt of Maharashtra.
– The ready availability of skilled/Semi- skilled manpower through Khed ITI.
– Easy and quick land allotment and other development approval process.
– Best in class infrastructure (Road, Water, Power)
– Project level environment clearance.
– Modern and efficient fire fighting, 24 x 7 Security available on site.
– Customized sizes of land options.
– Industrial estates, Automotive Hub and IT Parks
– A remarkable boost in infrastructure and economy
– Central Government Fund of INR 1 billion Granted each year till 2020
– Houses over 400 multinational companies
– NASSCOM in association with MIDC has started a ‘10,000’ start-up initiative
– Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO) and Armament Research & Development Establishment
– Education Hub
– Pleasant climate
– Vibrant cultural capital
– Good quality of life
Khed City is already home to over 44 companies including Mars Chocolates (USA), Maxion Wheels (Brazil), JSW-MI (Japan), Hyosung T & D Ltd. , Autogen (South Korea) , Linnhoff, Lenze, Gedia (Germany) Hira, Maico (UAE), Hengtong Group (China), Amul, Kalyani Group (India) etc. to name a few.
Currently, there are 18 operating units and 26 units under various stages of establishment. Khed Cityâ€™s present clientele covers varied industrial sectors like automobile components, engineering, food processing, electronics and electrical, footwear, etc. with more diverse companies finding new prospects in Khed City each day.